TheBrain is a software, with which visual, associative databases can be created.
And therefore it is the ideal piece of software, to store all kind of informations, cross-link them or link them with documents on the PC or with websites in the internet.
I use this software for more than 10 years now.
Some features of TheBrain
It is well documented with tutorials and help files:
- one can use the basic features after 30 minutes training and start, to create a a very useful database.
- the advanced features can be investigated step by step. Just browse the documentation, to get an overview, what is available.
- there are offered webinars each week
- one can create as many databases as one wishes
- but if it makes sense, one should put all informations into only one database, to use the full power of the associative information network, which this database will represent
- software runs very robust, but one nevertheless should save it oftenly enough and also synchronize it with the cloud. ( only possbible with TheBrain Pro Combo version )
- one can use the software also to prepare a mindmap, but that is not really its core application.
- every word in the database is indexed automatically, so that one will find any facts in it.
- the number of facts, which can be stored in the database is limited only by the computer system, which is used.
- there are several versions available at www.thebrain.com
- a free trial version
- a version for personal use only, with fewer functions, but free of charge. This is already very powerful and I recommend, to start with it.
- The most powerful version is TheBrain Pro Combo, which costs 299,- US-Dollar. It is worth the money for all, who work with a lot of informations.
- I also find it very comfortable, that one can store the database in the cloud and synchronize it with the database on the PC.
I have created several data-bases with TheBrain:
- for business applications
- for private purposes
- for eBooks, for which I search informations
It would be possible, to merge them all in one database, but because there are not really needed cross links between them, I prefer, to keep them separately.
- It is possible to create databases for team work and store them in the cloud
- databases can also be added to a website